zfs-discuss@opensolaris.org

Re: [zfs-discuss] Server upgrade

Subject: Re: [zfs-discuss] Server upgrade
From: Brandon High
Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2012 16:06:22 -0800
On Wed, Feb 15, 2012 at 9:16 AM, David Dyer-Bennet <dd-b@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Is there an upgrade path from (I think I'm running Solaris Express) to
> something modern?  (That could be an Oracle distribution, or the free

There *was* an upgrade path from snv_134 to snv_151a (Solaris 11
Express) but I don't know if Oracle still supports it. There was an
intermediate step or two along the way (snv_134b I think?) to move
from OpenSolaris to Oracle Solaris.

As others mentioned, you could jump to OpenIndiana from your current
version. You may not be able to move between OI and S11 in the future,
so it's a somewhat important decision.

-B

--
Brandon High : bhigh@xxxxxxxxxx