zfs-discuss@opensolaris.org

[zfs-discuss] Resizing ZFS partition, shrinking NTFS?

Subject: [zfs-discuss] Resizing ZFS partition, shrinking NTFS?
From: Clive Meredith
Date: Thu, 16 Jun 2011 12:21:23 PDT
Problem:

I currently run a duel boot machine with a 45Gb partition for Win7 Ultimate and
a 25Gb partition for OpenSolaris 10 (134).  I need to shrink NTFS to 20Gb and
increase the ZFS partion to 45Gb.  Is this possible please?  I have looked at
using the partition tool in OpenSolaris but both partition are locked, even
under admin.  Win7 won't allow me to shrink the dynamic volume, as the Finsh
button is always greyed out, so no luck in that direction.

Thanks in advance.