Re: [zfs-discuss] Opteron 6100? Does it work with opensolaris?

Subject: Re: [zfs-discuss] Opteron 6100? Does it work with opensolaris?
From: Michael DeMan
Date: Tue, 11 May 2010 17:32:54 -0700
I agree on the motherboard and peripheral chipset issue.

This, and the last generation AMD quad/six core motherboards all seem to use
the AMD SP56x0/SP5100 chipset, which I can't find much information about
support on for either OpenSolaris or FreeBSD.

Another issue is the LSI SAS2008 chipset for SAS controller which is frequently
offered as an onboard option for many motherboards as well and still seems to
be somewhat of a work in progress in regards to being 'production ready'.