zfs-discuss@opensolaris.org

Re: [zfs-discuss] Single-disk pool corrupted after controller failure

Subject: Re: [zfs-discuss] Single-disk pool corrupted after controller failure
From: Bill Sommerfeld
Date: Sat, 01 May 2010 14:07:17 -0700
On 05/01/10 13:06, Diogo Franco wrote:
After seeing that on some cases labels were corrupted, I tried running
zdb -l on mine:
(labels 0, 1 not there, labels 2, 3 are there).

I'm looking for pointers on how to fix this situation, since the disk
still has available metadata.

there are two reasons why you could get this:
 1) the labels are gone.

2) the labels are not at the start of what solaris sees as p1, and thus are somewhere else on the disk. I'd look more closely at how freebsd computes the start of the partition or slice '/dev/ad6s1d'
that contains the pool.

I think #2 is somewhat more likely.

                                        - Bill