zfs-discuss@opensolaris.org

Re: [zfs-discuss] rpool gone after zpool detach

Subject: Re: [zfs-discuss] rpool gone after zpool detach
From: Roy Sigurd Karlsbakk
Date: Sun, 2 May 2010 15:06:22 +0200 CEST
----- "Jan Riechers" <jan.riechers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> skrev:
I am using a mirrored system pool on 2 80G drives - however I was only using 40G since I thought I might use the rest for something else. ZFS Time Slider was complaining the pool was filled for 90% and I decided to increase pool size.
What I did was a zpool detach of one of the mirrored hdds and increased the partition size to 100% with fdisk. When I wanted to reattach the hdd, system complained about an IO error and it hang.
Now the rpool is gone on both drives (I also tried to find it via zpool import booting from USB - without success). Is there any chance I can recover the lost rpool? And what did I do wrong (except for not having a backup first)?