zfs-discuss@opensolaris.org

Re: [zfs-discuss] Slow death-spiral with zfs gzip-9 compression

Subject: Re: [zfs-discuss] Slow death-spiral with zfs gzip-9 compression
From: Ray Clark
Date: Sat, 29 Nov 2008 09:06:39 PST
Please help me understand what you mean.  There is a big difference between
being unacceptably slow and not working correctly, or between being
unacceptably slow and having an implementation problem that causes it to
eventually stop.  I expect it to be slow, but I expect it to work.  Are you
saying that you found that it did not function correctly, or that it was too
slow for your purposes?  Thanks for your insights!  (3x would be awesome).