zfs-discuss@opensolaris.org

[zfs-discuss] zfs snapshot backup

Subject: [zfs-discuss] zfs snapshot backup
From: Sajeev Nambidi - Sun Microsystems - Bangalore India <>
Date: Thu, 15 May 2008 11:47:27 +0530
Hi  ,

Does anybody using EBS ( enterprise backup software ) to backup zfs file
systems .

Is there a way we can backup the zfs snapshots using EBS ? . There is
suggestions about send the zfs snapshot output@backup > tapes directly .
This basically a administration overburden .

It will be good if there a way we can backup zfs snapshots using only
EBS without blindly sending the zfs snapshot output to tapes .

i am not a member of this alias , thanks for keeping me in cc list

Thanks
Sajeev