zfs-discuss@opensolaris.org

Re: [zfs-discuss] ZFS and multipath with iSCSI

Subject: Re: [zfs-discuss] ZFS and multipath with iSCSI
From: Chris Siebenmann
Date: Fri, 04 Apr 2008 18:09:24 -0400
| I assume you mean IPMP here, which refers to ethernet multipath.
|
| There is also the other meaning of multipath referring to multiple
| paths to the storage array typically enabled by stmsboot command.

 We are currently looking at (and testing) the non-ethernet sort of
multipathing, partly as being the simplest way to have those multiple
paths to the iSCSI backend storage by using two completely independant
networks. This should also give us greater aggregate bandwidth through
the entire fabric.

(Each iSCSI backend unit will have two network interfaces with separate
IP addresses and so on.)

        - cks