zfs-discuss@opensolaris.org

Re: [zfs-discuss] Mac OS X 10.5.0 Leopard ships with a readonly ZFS

Subject: Re: [zfs-discuss] Mac OS X 10.5.0 Leopard ships with a readonly ZFS
From: Krister Joas
Date: Sat, 27 Oct 2007 16:55:19 +0900
On Oct 26, 2007, at 4:55 PM, Kugutsumen wrote:

> # zfs list
> ZFS Readonly implemntation is loaded!
> To download the full ZFS read/write kext with all functionality
> enabled,
> please go to http://developer.apple.com
> no datasets available
>
> Unfortunately, I can't find it on ADC yet and it seems that it was
> removed by Apple:

I downloaded version 1.1 from ADC today so it's not been pulled.  I've
not tested it yet though.  Another related piece of news. It seems
they've ported the Solaris automounter too.  When I did a df I noticed
an entry "map auto_home ... /home" and there is a file called /etc/
auto_home.  I added an entry for my home directory on my Solaris
machine and hey presto, it mounts automatically on the Mac.  This is
great.

Krister