zfs-discuss@opensolaris.org

Re: [zfs-discuss] [storage-discuss] server-reboot

Subject: Re: [zfs-discuss] [storage-discuss] server-reboot
From: "Claus Guttesen"
Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2007 18:29:42 +0200
>  Hi Claus,
>
>  Were you able to collect the core file?  If so, please provide us with the
>  core file so we can take a look.  I can provide specific upload
> instructions
>  offline.

Unfortunately not. This server is attached to a 8 TB atabeast storage.
I migrated the server from FreeBSD to OpenSolaris b70 to avoid a
possible bug in zfs on FreeBSD (kmem_map too small) and the migration
took approx. 6 hours (incl. copying etc.).

And migrating from one OS to another to avoid one specific error just
so see that it reboots due to another error was somewhat distracting.
:-)

So in order to play it safe I installed solaris 10 8/07 this morning
and was in a hurry to get it back online. This solaris relase seems
quite stable and I'll stick to it atm.

It is attached to the atabeast using two qlogic 2300 hba's and I used
the driver available at qlogic.com.

--
regards
Claus

the gentlest gamester is the soonest winner.

Shakespeare