Re: [zfs-discuss] [storage-discuss] server-reboot

Subject: Re: [zfs-discuss] [storage-discuss] server-reboot
From: "Claus Guttesen"
Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2007 18:29:42 +0200
>  Hi Claus,
>  Were you able to collect the core file?  If so, please provide us with the
>  core file so we can take a look.  I can provide specific upload
> instructions
>  offline.

Unfortunately not. This server is attached to a 8 TB atabeast storage.
I migrated the server from FreeBSD to OpenSolaris b70 to avoid a
possible bug in zfs on FreeBSD (kmem_map too small) and the migration
took approx. 6 hours (incl. copying etc.).

And migrating from one OS to another to avoid one specific error just
so see that it reboots due to another error was somewhat distracting.

So in order to play it safe I installed solaris 10 8/07 this morning
and was in a hurry to get it back online. This solaris relase seems
quite stable and I'll stick to it atm.

It is attached to the atabeast using two qlogic 2300 hba's and I used
the driver available at qlogic.com.

the gentlest gamester is the soonest winner.

zfs-discuss mailing list