zfs-discuss@opensolaris.org

Re: [zfs-discuss] ZFS but how?

Subject: Re: [zfs-discuss] ZFS but how?
From: Oliver Schinagl
Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2007 12:34:45 +0200

Ian Collins wrote:
> Oliver Schinagl wrote:
>
>> Ian Collins wrote:

>>> No.  Solaris has both 32 and 64 bit libraries.
>>>

>> so you are saying that i can run both 32bit and 64bit code
>> simultaneously, natively with the solaris kernel? That's pretty damn cool
>>

> I wouldn't consider an OS where I couldn't!
>
> Ian

not to start a flamewar or the like, but linux can run 32bit bins, just not
nativly afaik, you need some sort of emu library. But since I use gentoo, and
pretty much everything is compiled from source anyway, I only have stupid
closed src bins that would need to work in 32bit mode to begin with. So to me,
that wouldn't really be an issue :)