zfs-discuss@opensolaris.org

[zfs-discuss] RAID-Z in ZFS

Subject: [zfs-discuss] RAID-Z in ZFS
From: sontas
Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2007 22:19:32 PDT
Anybody can tell me about RAID-Z architecture , cuz i tried to understand it by
seach in google but it doesn't clear. I don't know why it can beat raid-5. I
know it can prove about RAID-5 Write Hole cuz it has copy-on-write feature for
data intigrity. But i don't understand about write full stripe for RAID-Z cus
raid-5 when it write  , it must create parity for recover. Does anyone can
clear it for me?

Thank in advance

Ko