zfs-discuss@opensolaris.org

Re: [zfs-discuss] Is this storage model correct?

Subject: Re: [zfs-discuss] Is this storage model correct?
From: "Joe S"
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2007 12:38:55 -0700
I had the same question last week decided to take a similar approach. Instead of a giant raidz of 6 disks, i created 2 raidz's of 3 disks each. So when I want to add more storage, I just add 3 more disks.

On 6/19/07, Cindy.Swearingen@xxxxxxx <Cindy.Swearingen@xxxxxxx> wrote:
Huitzi,

Yes, you are correct. You can add more raidz devices in the future as
your excellent graphic suggests.

A similar zpool add example is described here:

http://docs.sun.com/app/docs/doc/817-2271/6mhupg6fu?a=view

This new section describes what operations are supported for both raidz
and mirrored configurations:

http://docs.sun.com/app/docs/doc/817-2271/6mhupg6ft?a=view#gaynr

If you have any suggestions for making these sections clearer, please
drop me a note.

Thanks,

Cindy