Re: [zfs-discuss] update on zfs boot support

Subject: Re: [zfs-discuss] update on zfs boot support
From: Darren Dunham
Date: Thu, 8 Mar 2007 14:22:34 -0800 PST
> I'm building a new file server at the moment and I'd like to make sure I
> can migrate to ZFS boot when it arrives.
> My current plan is to create a pool on 4 500GB drives and throw in a
> small boot drive.
> Will I be able to drop the boot drive and move / over to the pool when
> ZFS boot ships?

This thread from a year ago suggests that at least the first round of
ZFS root pools will have restrictions that are not necessary on other
pools (like no concatenation or RAIDZ).

I've not noticed any posts since that modify its content.

Darren Dunham                                           ddunham@xxxxxxxx
zfs-discuss mailing list