zfs-discuss@opensolaris.org

Re: [zfs-discuss] update on zfs boot support

Subject: Re: [zfs-discuss] update on zfs boot support
From: Darren Dunham
Date: Thu, 8 Mar 2007 14:22:34 -0800 PST
> I'm building a new file server at the moment and I'd like to make sure I
> can migrate to ZFS boot when it arrives.
>
> My current plan is to create a pool on 4 500GB drives and throw in a
> small boot drive.
>
> Will I be able to drop the boot drive and move / over to the pool when
> ZFS boot ships?

This thread from a year ago suggests that at least the first round of
ZFS root pools will have restrictions that are not necessary on other
pools (like no concatenation or RAIDZ).

http://www.opensolaris.org/jive/thread.jspa?threadID=7089

I've not noticed any posts since that modify its content.

--
Darren Dunham                                           ddunham@xxxxxxxx