zfs-discuss@opensolaris.org

Re: [zfs-discuss] nv59 + HA-ZFS

Subject: Re: [zfs-discuss] nv59 + HA-ZFS
From: "James C. McPherson"
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2007 11:48:03 +1100
David Anderson wrote:
My next step is to configure HA-ZFS for failover between the two ZFS nodes. Does Sun Cluster 3.2 work with SXCE? If so, are there any caveats for my situation?

Has anyone been successful in developing a HA-ZFS environment without SC? I'd rather not go this route if possible, but if s10u4 release is too far off I may have to give this a go.

Related question: anyone know when s10u4 is slated for release? June?

Hi David,
SunCluster isn't certified to work with Solaris Express or
Solaris Express Community Edition. It *might* work, but you're
definitely on your own with it.

I recommend against trying to implement your own HA environment
without the protection of a cluster framework. I've seen too
many people try to do that and fail miserably or catastrophically
in the attempt. Save yourself the pain :)

Re s10u4 release, I can't comment on when it's going to
be released, sorry.

James C. McPherson
--
Solaris kernel software engineer