yhslug@calypso.tux.org

[Yhslug] Re: Ubuntu metal case badges

Subject: [Yhslug] Re: Ubuntu metal case badges
From: Jeffrey Elkner
Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2007 16:58:08 +0000
No, we want 2500.  I want to get the inclusive cost down under 50 cents each,
and since you would need to spend $632 for 100, and only $1050 for 2500, it
doesn't make sense to get only 100.

I'll go in for half with you now, and we can sell them for 44 to 50 cents each
later to recoop our expense.

Also, and *very* important, are you following up on getting our website back?
We really need it.  We had several software development and community outreach
programs that will be crippled without it.

Thanks!

jeff
On Tue, 14 Aug 2007 11:34:49 -0400, Nicholas Wheeler <dragoncow2@xxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
So...do we want to buy a hundred of these? I'd be willing to buy the
hundred and have people donate/buy them from me at cost. Currently
there's a nation-wide-ish effort to buy as many as possible to drive
per-unit costs down. I've put my list/our loco on the list...worst
case scenario I get a 100 case badges :). More info here:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MassachusettsTeam/Projects/AluminiumCaseBadges

--
Nicholas Wheeler
Systems Administrator