xaraya_devel@xaraya.com

Re: [Xaraya_devel] Icons used in Xaraya Core

Subject: Re: [Xaraya_devel] Icons used in Xaraya Core
From: Marty Vance
Date: Fri, 06 Feb 2009 10:09:10 -0700
Newsgroups: xaraya.devel
Ryan Walker wrote:

> Marty Vance wrote:
>
>> I've made a complete new set of icons which are used in the core
>> modules (as opposed to icons representing the core modules).  More
>> info at
>> http://www.xaraya.com/~dracos/core_icons.html
>

> The only ones I don't like are add.png and remove.png.  Maybe it's the
> blue color.  Not sure.  They look like medical/religious symbols.
> I'm also a little unsure about activate.png and deactivate.png, but I
> think in context those will make enough sense.

Wow, I didn't expect add and remove to be so ill received.  Perhaps I
should revisit them.  What if I strenghtened the positive action =
green, negative action = red theme by changing their colors accordingly
to Red -, green +.

I was expecting upgrade, test, mail-total and mail-unread to have
mediocre feedback.

Deactivate (red octagon, "stop sign") is admittedly a stronger metaphor
than activate (green checkmark).  It was tough to find a definitive
visual opposite for the stop sign.  I could get rid of the checkmark and
combine activate with initialize as the green button, and make it
brighter so it more resembles a green light.