xaraya_devel@xaraya.com

Re: [Xaraya_devel] Proposal: Communications policy

Subject: Re: [Xaraya_devel] Proposal: Communications policy
From: "St.Ego"
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2009 10:03:35 -0600
Newsgroups: xaraya.devel
jojodee wrote:
> Marty Vance wrote:
>
>> If the mail-nntp-forum bridge is critical to those who prefer non-forum
>> communication means, then the PMC welcomes anyone to finish the bridge.
>>

> Perhaps it's the other way around?
>
> I have seen quite a few posts on the forum complaining that 'developers
> never post on the forum'. But I can't remember seeing vice versa.

This has been our experience so far. While the hardcore clique stay
relatively cloistered on the listserv and in IRC, all of the fresh blood
just sees the forums.

Once they find our secondary communications resources, they do well, but
we have all grown to treat the forums like a red-headed step-child.

I know I have.

-St.Ego