· Over eight years of software experience and proven experience in developing Business Intelligence solutions including building data warehouses, data marts and data migration for clients in major industry sectors.
· Involved in the full life cycle of the data warehouse building process including architecture design, dimensional data modeling, ETL Process and reporting primarily using Informatica and Business Objects.
· Extensive experience in Extraction, Transformation, Loading (ETL) data from various sources into Data Warehouses and Data Marts using Informatica PowerCenter, PowerMart (Repository Manager, Designer, Server Manager/Workflow manager, Workflow Monitor).
· Created mappings using Informatica PowerMart / PowerCenter to move information from multiple sources into a common target area such as Data Marts and Data Warehouse using various transformations like complex joiners, normalizers, routers, connected/unconnected lookups/procedures, update strategy, Sorter, Transaction Control and Mapplets.
· Extensive knowledge in designing Data Marts and Data Warehouse using Star Schema.
· Excellent functional and technical knowledge, in addition to customization experience.
· Wide experience in applying Business Logic using SQL and good programming knowledge in PL/SQL.
· Experience in writing on-demand UNIX shell scripts for automation of ETL process and Data transfer needs to drive the Informatica sessions, batches and workflows.
· Proven track record in troubleshooting of Informatica jobs and addressing production issues like Performance Tuning and enhancements.
· Developed complex Universes for Business Objects with multiple Contexts to resolve loops and traps of the schema, Created Prompts and complex objects for easy reporting, Aggregate-Aware objects for better performance, and multiple hierarchies for effective OLAP functionality.
· Unique combination of personal, analytical, technical and communication skills and Ability to learn very quickly and apply new skills to existing problems.
· Commitment to quality from requirements through design, construction, testing, and installation.
ETL Tools : Informatica Power Center 8.6.1/8.5.1 / 7.1.3 / 6.2 / 6.1
OLAP/Reporting Tools: Business Objects 6.5, 5.1
Data Modeling Tool: Erwin 4x
Version Control Tools: Rational Clear Case, Harvest
Programming Languages: Basic, C, C++, PL/SQL
Databases : Oracle 10g, Oracle 7x/8x/9x, TERADATA V2R6.2, DB2, MS-SQL Server 2000, MS-Access 2000
Operating systems: UNIX (Solaris 5.10, AIX 4.3.3), Windows 2000/NT/98
Scripting Languages: UNIX Shell Scripting, Perl scripting