web-sig@python.org

Re: [Web-SIG] Revising environ['wsgi.input'].readline in the WSGI specif

Subject: Re: [Web-SIG] Revising environ['wsgi.input'].readline in the WSGI specification
From: Ian Bicking
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2008 14:23:13 -0600
Manlio Perillo wrote:
Ian Bicking ha scritto:
[...]
We need to propose a change to the WSGI specification. I propose, in "Input and Error Streams" (http://www.python.org/dev/peps/pep-0333/#input-and-error-streams) we change it to have "readline(hint)" and expand Note 3 to include readline as well as readlines, removing Note 2. Also I suppose some sort of change note in the specification?

Does this sound like a sufficient change to the spec, and are there any objections to the change?

Fine for me, but of course we need to do this as:
1) Errata to WSGI 1.0
or
2) WSGI 1.1
or
3) WSGI 2.0

You can't just modify the current WSGI 1.0 spec.

I'm for 2), with the other clarifications about WSGI we have discussed in the past.

I'm for 1.  What other clarifications were you thinking of?

--
Ian Bicking : ianb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx : http://blog.ianbicking.org