vendtalk@nfbnet.org

Re: [vendtalk] request for information regarding training

Subject: Re: [vendtalk] request for information regarding training
From: "James T. Chinn"
Date: Sat, 11 Aug 2007 16:29:28 -1000
Dear Tom,

     Having done research into 13 other States regarding their certification
programs,I am sure that you have noted many similarities and some
differences.  We , in Hawaii, are in the process of updating our approved
training program and training manual as both were approved many years ago
and hve been the basis of our certification program.

     Our trainees are given instruction in the basics of operating their own
vending stands.  Following their classroom training, they are mentored by
several licensed vendors who operate stands or businesses of various sizes.
This hands-on training gives the trainee an idea of what to expect when he
or she are awarded their own vending facility.  An evaluation of their
performance in the classroom and vending stands is done along with a test of
subjects prior to certification.  Certification is dependent on a good
evaluation and a passing test score.  The time for all these events to
happen could vary from State to State depending on their time tables.

     These are some of the basic of our program here in Hawaii.

Good Luck and Aloha,

James Chinn, Subcommittee Chairman of
Vendor Training and Retraining
Hawaii State Committee of Blind Vendors