uk.comp.os.linux

Re: Installing package ending rpm.run ?

Subject: Re: Installing package ending rpm.run ?
From: chris
Date: Thu, 14 Jan 2010 10:11:46 +0000
Newsgroups: uk.comp.os.linux

On 13/01/10 20:48, Ivor Jones wrote:
On 13/01/10 13:47, chris wrote:
On 13/01/10 08:08, Ivor Jones wrote:

I thought I'd experiment with an anti-virus scanner or two and following
the recommendation in Linux Format magazine decided to have a look at
BitDefender.

I personally think that was the worst group test I've seen them or
anyone else do for a long time.

They didn't explain what their scoring was for finding viruses, which is
the only point for having AV software, and they picked the one which
used upto 5x the RAM of the others! In Windows' tests RAM hungry AV
tools get murdered for taking too much system resources.

You can't/won't tell me the answer either, then..?

If you're idiotic enough to not be able to RTFM, then no.

A couple of minutes of cursory searching of the BitDefender website revealed a very nice Installation pdf.

Off you pop...