uk.comp.os.linux

Re: Advice needed

Subject: Re: Advice needed
From: Mark Hobley
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2009 10:08:02 GMT
Newsgroups: uk.comp.os.linux

Bruce Stephens <bruce+usenet@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> How is ATI graphics nowadays?  I'd really like to have a graphics card
> with dual monitor support and 3D, supported in free software.

I haven't looked at dual monitor stuff, but the 3d graphics seem to work
fine, although I haven't tried the absolute latest cards. I have also
seen Intel graphics working fine using 3d games, but again I do not know
model numbers. I am sure I read something about another vendor releasing
their specifications for 3d graphics cards, but I can't remember who it
was. The choice of vendor is widening. There is certainly no need to buy
proprietary Nvidia stuff any more.

Mark.

--
Mark Hobley