uk.comp.os.linux

image browser?

Subject: image browser?
From: John Stumbles
Date: Sun, 04 May 2008 14:35:48 GMT
Newsgroups: uk.comp.os.linux

Is there an image broswer that

* lets you view images including jpeg, png and gif

* can rotate images, properly - adjusting the exif orientation tag
appropriately, and not deleting the exif data when saving the changed file
(which kuickshow does)

* zooms in and out, but reverts to a normal zoom showing the whole image
in the display area when moving on to the next image (unlike gwenview
which shows all images magnified image after you've played with the zoom
on one image)

* lets you easily launch the gimp (or better still an arbitrary external
application or script) on the image you're viewing

* is stable (unlike gwenview which crashes on various files)

?

I know there are a bazillion-and-one apps which fall into the image
browsing category but I'd appreciate a heads-up on which ones to give
serious attention to as stable and competent apps.

--
John Stumbles

What do you mean, talking about it isn't oral sex?