uk.comp.os.linux

Re: Centralised user accounts and laptops

Subject: Re: Centralised user accounts and laptops
From: Stephen Patterson
Date: Wed, 30 May 2007 17:18:56 GMT
Newsgroups: uk.comp.os.linux

On Wed, 30 May 2007 13:57:33 +0100, Geoffrey Clements wrote:

> "Andy Burns" <usenet.oct2006@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> As I saw it Stephen Patterson answered question 2
Well spotted :)

> I /think/ that the LDAP database replication using slurpd might be
> closest to what you want though, as I said, I've never done this, in
> particular I'm not sure how slurpd behaves when only intermittently
> connected to a slave database.

OTOH if you've only got a few users involved it may be easier giving them
local accounts in /etc/passwd on the server & their laptop (making sure
the laptop account's uid is the same as the one for that user on the
server).

--
Stephen Patterson :: steve@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx :: http://patter.mine.nu/
GPG: B416F0DE :: Jabber: patter@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx