uk.comp.misc

Re: keyboard country

Subject: Re: keyboard country
From: Dave
Date: Wed, 13 May 2009 21:47:15 +0100
Newsgroups: uk.comp.misc

Mortimer wrote:
"Dave" <davenpat@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:2pmdnT4KjsVnG5TXnZ2dnUVZ8spi4p2d@xxxxxxxxx
Lou Ravi wrote:
Ed Cryer wrote:
"Dave" <davenpat@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:ieKdnfDWsfc0P5XXnZ2dnUVZ8r-dnZ2d@xxxxxxxxx
I can't set my keyboard up to UK. I did an xp pro re install a couple
of weeks ago and some aspects of my computer are not working right.
This is the most anoying one. The @ key is above the number 2 key.

How can I change this?

Dave
Remove US keyboard and install UK keyboard.
Control Panel/Regional & Language Options/Languages/Details.

I'm not certain but I think you have to install the UK one first then remove the US one as Windows needs a default keyboard layout so won't let you just delete it.

It's not so often you are wrong, but you were spot on about this.

I think the order of adding and removing the keyboards doesn't matter. When you press OK after deleting the US one, you get a message that this keyboard is in use, but as soon as you reboot (as it suggests you do) the US one is deleted.

Dualy noted.

Dave