uk.comp.misc

Word problem - displaying pictures intermittently

Subject: Word problem - displaying pictures intermittently
From: "Jim Backus"
Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2007 19:47:21 +0000 UTC
Newsgroups: uk.comp.misc, demon.tech.pc

Hi,

The copy of Word I use at work has a very annoying problem - if a
document has pictures of any sort they display sporadically. Sometimes
the picture can be made to appear by scrolling down and up again but
this doesn't work reliably. Sometimes the pictures display without a
problem and on other occasions they never display. This applies to all
sorts of pictures - .GIF, .JPG, embedded Visio drawings, even Word
pictures. As the documents I work on usually have a number of pictures
it is very annoying and lowers productivity.

The PC is running Windows XP at SP2. Word is version 2002 at SP3. The
PC is a reasonably modern small form factor HP with 512 MB Ram.

Word is set up to display paragraph marks and tabs only (i.e. not all
hidden items)

As it's a work PC, there is no option to upgrade to Vista, Word 2007
or Open Office until the company as a whole upgrades.

I've contacted our Hell Desk and they admit they've seen the problem
before but cannot remember the solution.

So ... have the great minds and experience of these NGs got any
suggestions?

TIA

Jim
--
Jim Backus running OS/2 Warp 3 & 4, Debian Linux and Win98SE
demon <dot> co <dot> uk