uk.comp.homebuilt

Re: USB2 ports now USB1 ports

Subject: Re: USB2 ports now USB1 ports
From: "Simon Finnigan"
Date: Tue, 22 Dec 2009 00:45:24 -0000
Newsgroups: uk.comp.homebuilt

"Nick Le Lievre" <nicklelievre@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:hgo6a0$bbj$1@xxxxxxxxxxx
Simon Finnigan wrote:

Have you tried resetting the computer, and trying plugging things in in a different order. I know I`ve got one machine that gets upset if things aren`t plugged in in a particular way.

In the device manager I have four USB host controllers and one USB2 enhanced host controller... I do not remember having this problem before. They should all be enhanced host controllers should they not?

I have installed the latest chipset drivers but to no avail, does the ICH7 chipset only support one USB2 enhanced host controller. According to the motherboard specs they are all USB2.0/1.1 ports.

Motherboard is Eg41MF-S2H if you want to look it up.

I get bored enough looking up my own hardware troubles :-) I`m just keeping an eye out for a cheap as chips PCI-express graphics card for my server :-)