uk.comp.homebuilt

Re: AVG9

Subject: Re: AVG9
From: "[ste parker]"
Date: Thu, 26 Nov 2009 02:27:51 +0000
Newsgroups: uk.comp.homebuilt

Smurf wrote:
Conor wrote:
In article <x5XvqCL7KNDLFwbj@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Mike Tomlinson says...

I can't recommend M$ SE until I have tried it myself.
I now put it on everything I sell. Only trouble is until you actually
come across something that tries to infect you, there's no clue how
well its working other than the machines performance.

On AV testing websites, it does come out near the top though.

I notice the download file is initially about 5mb, but it does two or three times that in updates in immediate installation. I hope they periodically update their download file to incorporate all updates to that date. A practise done by AVG, Avira, Avast etc

Why would the download include any updates? Isn't it just an installer stub that goes off to the 'net and downloads all the files it needs to do the actual install (which I presume would then be current)? I don't think I've had a full offline install package for AVG since 7.5 or so.

--
[ste]