uk.comp.homebuilt

Re: Finding the IP of a router

Subject: Re: Finding the IP of a router
From: Tony Houghton
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2008 01:33:21 +0000
Newsgroups: uk.comp.homebuilt
On Tue, 18 Nov 2008 23:48:14 +0000
Jim Price <[email protected]> wrote:

> Tony Houghton wrote:
> > On Tue, 18 Nov 2008 22:42:51 +0000
> > Jaimie Vandenbergh <[email protected]> wrote:
> >
> >> I don't think that 3G dongles are standardised enough to run plugged
> >> into a device rather than into a full computer, but I would be
> >> unsurprised if someone has hacked a (linux based?) router around
> >> enough to do it.
> >
> > I saw an advert or something for one recently. I can't remember where,
> > it might even have been on TV (eg the Gadget Show) rather than a
> > website. I do remember that the dongles plugged into it and it supported
> > 3 or 4 of the main networks' devices. ISTR it being promoted as a price
> > breakthrough for 3G routers.
> >
> This perhaps?
> http://www.nucleusnetworks.co.uk/3g-router/billion-bipac-7402gxl.htm

I don't think that's the exact one. I remember it being white and about
that shape, but possibly flatter. I think the picture I saw had the
dongle plugged in on the left. There seem to be quite a few around for
Â80+, maybe the reason the one I saw was being highlighted was because
it was significantly cheaper?

--
TH * http://www.realh.co.uk