uk.comp.homebuilt

Re: 3 gig of 4 gig memory showing in Vista 64

Subject: Re: 3 gig of 4 gig memory showing in Vista 64
From: John Jordan
Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2008 00:05:23 +0000
Newsgroups: uk.comp.homebuilt

Conor wrote:
In article <[email protected]>, John Jordan says...>
Conor wrote:
Pop into the BIOS and see if there's an entry for "Memory Hole 15-16M" and enable it.
That's the ancient setting for ISA adapters. The relevant one here should be something like "4GB memory remap".
So how come it's on my nForce 4 Ultra chipset mobo without an ISA slot in sight and when I enabled it, I got the full 4GB?
BIOS writers screwed up, I guess. Nothing unusual there :-)

What board is that?

--
John Jordan