uk.comp.homebuilt

Re: Backup up an EEE PC 901 with Acronis True Image

Subject: Re: Backup up an EEE PC 901 with Acronis True Image
From: Jon
Date: Mon, 3 Nov 2008 07:20:42 -0000
Newsgroups: uk.comp.homebuilt
In article <[email protected]>,
[email protected] says...
> I want to backup my XP EEE PC 901 to an external USB HD with Acronis True
> Image, this should be fairly easy, my question is how do I go about
> restoring it in the event of a complete system failure.
>
> As there is no CD drive I can't boot off a bootable Acronis restore CD, how
> else am I going to restore it any idea's.

Can it boot from network or USB?

Activate the Acronis Self-restore thing? Can't rememebr the actual name
of the feature but it's puts a bootable version of acronis on the "HD"
and alters the MBR o when the machine boots you will see "Press F11 to
enter the acronis recovery console" or similar.
--
Regards
Jon