uk.comp.homebuilt

Re: Backup up an EEE PC 901 with Acronis True Image

Subject: Re: Backup up an EEE PC 901 with Acronis True Image
From: "Nick Le Lievre"
Date: Sat, 1 Nov 2008 21:08:40 -0000
Newsgroups: uk.comp.homebuilt
"Palindrome" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]

> Isn't there a BIOS option to boot off an external USB CD drive? Or to boot
> off a flash drive? Or a network boot and load an image with Acronis on it?

Yeah you can boot off a "removable" drive, I guess that means USB Flash
drives, hard drives or external cd/dvd drives there is no mention of a
network boot. The thing is getting a usb hard drive to boot is not that
simple same with a USB flash drive and I don't have an external cd/dvd drive
but as I mention in another post I bought an used and cosmetically damaged
external dvd+-rw off eBay for £ 10 so as long as its *only* cosmetic damage
it should be a good deal for a tenner. I've looked and external dvd+-rw are
about £ 30 upwards new.