uk.comp.homebuilt

Re: Finding the IP of a router

Subject: Re: Finding the IP of a router
From: Palindrome
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2008 00:11:16 GMT
Newsgroups: uk.comp.homebuilt

R D S wrote:
I posted about problems with ICS the other day.

I needed to change the IP of my router and did so, or at least I thought to 192.168.0.10 with a range of 1-9 for PC's to connect, one of which is the internet gateway.
Now I can't connect to the bloody thing, it has defintely changed as I
can't connect using it's prior IP. The computers connected are all
visible on the network and all have IP's of 192.168.0.x so I guess it is
using 192.168.0.summat, is there a way I can find out without going
through them all?
The plot is thickened by the fact that it won't reset for reasons I
can't fathom, it's a 3com Office Connect.
What is the address of the default gateway (ipconfig)?

Can you ping the address you think it is set to/ the default gateway address?
--
Sue