Re: Problems with Samsung HDDs?

Subject: Re: Problems with Samsung HDDs?
From: Johnny B Good
Date: Wed, 8 Oct 2008 00:08:49 +0100
Newsgroups: uk.comp.homebuilt

The message <[email protected]>
from "SteveH" <[email protected]> contains these words:

> bill wrote:
> > "bill" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]
> >>
> >> "GB" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> >> news:[email protected]
> >>>

> >> Had an HD103UJ (1 gig) fail after 3 days four weeks ago (massive
> >> number of unreadable sectors). Credit to Novatech they collected it,
> >> tested it and replaced it within 5 days, so far the new one seems to
> >> be ok.
> > HD103UJ (1 tera) actually.

> Oh gawd! I've got one of those as well. :-(

 I've got a couple running in a FreeNAS server box which is now showing
an up time of 118 days. Mind you, it does rather help that they don't
suffer temperature cycling on a daily basis. They're running about 9 deg
C above ambient so don't suffer any thermal stress to speak of so I
don't expect trouble with _any_ make of drive in this situation.

Regards, John.

 Please remove the "ohggcyht" before replying.
The address has been munged to reject Spam-bots.