uk.comp.homebuilt

Re: Networking Netgear/Belkin

Subject: Re: Networking Netgear/Belkin
From: Jaimie Vandenbergh
Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2008 13:33:27 +0100
Newsgroups: uk.comp.homebuilt

On Fri, 29 Aug 2008 12:13:54 +0100, "Scabbydug"
<scabbydug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>Just got myself a Netgear wireless modem/router, all configured & working.
>I had previously acquired a Belkin USB wireless adaptor, on the face of it
>they don't appear to want to talk to each other, both PC's are running XP.
>Before I give any more tech information has anyone tried anything similar or
>am I wasting my time and should I just go out and buy the proper netgear
>adaptor.

Although I've got a downer on Belkin kit, if all is working there's no
reason that the Belkin USB wifi adaptor shouldn't connect to the
Netgear.

Perhaps you could go into more detail as to what's actually wrong -

Can the PC using the Belkin USB wifi see the Belkin as working?
Can it see the Netgear wifi network?
Does it get an IP address?
Can it see the Internet?
Can it see the other Windows machine?
Can it access shares on the other Windows machine?

The last Q is the only one you've given an answer to ("no"), but all
the others are earlier troubleshooting steps.

        Cheers - Jaimie
--
Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional.