uk.comp.homebuilt

Re: OT: multi-page PDF creation from scanner

Subject: Re: OT: multi-page PDF creation from scanner
From: Philip Herlihy
Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2008 09:58:08 +0100
Newsgroups: uk.comp.homebuilt

Trev wrote:
In news:g8ck5l$s3j$1$8300dec7@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx,
 <thiswillbounceback@xxxxxxx> Philip Herlihy bashed on  keyboard and typed:
Synapse Syndrome wrote:
"Philip Herlihy" <thiswillbounceback@xxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:g8c5cb$c35$2$8300dec7@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Ric wrote:
Hi All,
Got a large amount of paperwork that my Dad wants to scan.  He's
got a good Canon scanner with no document feed, but as he's
scanning bound pages this isn't a handicap.
What's the best software (preferably freeware) that'll scan to
multi- page PDF?

Ric
Try Tinypdf.com, with the Merge plug-in.

That looks really good, but doesn't appear to have an OCR ability,
which is probably what the OP is looking for?  Without that, you
cannot Copy from or Search the text.

ss.

You only have to open the created file in Adobe Acrobat Reader to copy
text or search.

PH

Unless its been Recognised and converted to text it will be an image as in Photograph. There is no text to search.

That'll teach me not to forget to read from the beginning each time!

:-)

PH