uk.comp.homebuilt

How to Access Folder When Transferring Drive

Subject: How to Access Folder When Transferring Drive
From: Davy
Date: Tue, 06 May 2008 13:35:08 -0500
Newsgroups: uk.comp.homebuilt

My Win2000 PC died so I have built a replacement XP
machine.  I swapped the drive with the data to the new
machine.
One of the folders had security settings to prevent anyone
but me opening it.
Now I can't open the folder even if I am logged in with
exactly the same user name and password as on my old
machine, even if I switch to an account with administrator
rights.
I get the error "An error occurred while reconnecting to E
to \\oldcomputername\data on oldcomputername.  Microsoft
Windows Network: The local device name is already in use.
This connection has not been restored"

can anyone advise?

Davy