uk.comp.homebuilt

Re: Just become Dual head

Subject: Re: Just become Dual head
From: "Synapse Syndrome"
Date: Sat, 23 Jun 2007 18:45:10 +0100
Newsgroups: uk.comp.homebuilt

"ThePunisher" <thepunisher@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:odcfi.4010$uR5.2277@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Synapse Syndrome wrote:
>> "ThePunisher" <thepunisher@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message

>>> Rubbish, the GeForce 256 was a better gaming card.
>>>

>> I remember, because I bought one.  I think you will find that the
>> GeForce 256 was released afterwards.
>>
>> ss.
>
> Groan, GeForce 256 - August 1999, Matrox G400 - September 1999

Those dates from Wikipedia are wrong.  Maybe that was the date that the GPU
was launched, but cards were only available later.  If you read reviews you
will see that the GeForce cards were released later.  Matrox always made
their own cards.

To best illustrate my point, look at this page, from the September 23rd
1999.

http://www.michaelscrivo.com/HP/Archive/September1999/Sept17-23.html

It shows that Anantech *revisited* the G400 Max, while on the same day
3DHardware make the first review of the GeForce 256.

If you look at any other reviews of either card you will see the same.

Anyway, who cares anymore..

ss.