uk.comp.homebuilt

Re: Ultimate HD silencer

Subject: Re: Ultimate HD silencer
From: "Alex Fraser"
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2007 17:33:59 +0100
Newsgroups: uk.comp.homebuilt

"Tony Houghton" <h@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:slrnf6tslg.m5g.h@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> What's the difference between the 3000B and 3700AMB?

The most obvious difference is the colour: AMB = Antec Metallic Bronze, and
the finish is glossy. The 3700AMB came with a 350W PSU (which was noisy so I
never used it). The other differences may be partly a case of product
development: the 3700 has two plastic mounts which screw to the case and
allow 120x25mm fans to be clipped into them, and lacks the vents in the side
panel (and hence CPU air guide). The 3000B is noticeably lighter, but the
steel looks to be the same thickness so I figure the difference is the
paint.

Maybe I was lucky before or unlucky now, or maybe Antec have been more
aggressively penny-pinching but the general build quality of the 3700AMB I
have is significantly higher (but there is a significant price difference
too: the 3700AMB cost £65 in Feb 04 [with PSU though] compared to the 3000B
at £30 in Jan 07, both from Ebuyer).

Alex