uk.comp.home-networking

Re: Homeplug to *extend* a network?

Subject: Re: Homeplug to *extend* a network?
From: "Mortimer"
Date: Sun, 2 Aug 2009 09:21:42 +0100
Newsgroups: uk.comp.home-networking

"Chris Whelan" <cawhelan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:w5bdm.117875$Ib5.59778@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Sat, 01 Aug 2009 23:15:57 +0100, Conor wrote:

[...]

Oh  ing great. Another person using these illegal contraptions.

Conor, I'm interested in what way these devices are illegal. Can you
point me to a source of information in this respect please?

As a matter of interest, do they interfere with broadcast radio (eg LW/MW reception) or is it mainly radio hams and HF reception? What about their affect on other mains communication devices like baby intercoms? And do those intercoms interfere with HF radio?