uk.adverts.computer

Re: Re: OT: Recommend a wireless card

Subject: Re: Re: OT: Recommend a wireless card
From: Conor
Date: Wed, 8 Aug 2007 20:00:54 +0100
Newsgroups: uk.adverts.computer, uk.comp.homebuilt, uk.comp.home-networking

In article <lpthb3pfiic902m05ka8h025ht5fsh6evi@xxxxxxx>, Lurch says...

> Fuse size has not a lot to do with the actual current draw of the
> appliance. The fuse is to protect the flex to the appliance.

WRONG.

> It will
> not protect the appliance itself.

Yes it will...

> Have you actually looked at the
> fuses in the plugs on any appliances in your home? I'd imagine most of
> them would be 13A.

Actually they haven't been for donkeys years so it's obviously been a
while since YOU opened a plug.

--
Conor

"Understeer" is when you hit the fence with the front of the car.
"Oversteer" is when you hit the fence with the rear of the car.
"Horsepower" is how fast you hit the fence.
"Torque" is how far you take the fence with you. - Anon.