ufs-discuss@opensolaris.org

Re: [ufs-discuss] Converting an EFI labeled disk to SMI on SUN Solaris s

Subject: Re: [ufs-discuss] Converting an EFI labeled disk to SMI on SUN Solaris sparc 10 11/06
From: "Frank Batschulat (Home)"
Date: Sat, 26 May 2007 18:44:58 +0200
Hector De Jesus wrote:
I would like to know the proper way to convert a disk labeled EFI to SMI. I have looked at some documentation and they state not to use format -e to convert the label, but to use fdisk. However fdsik seems to only work on Solaris for intel x86 and not sparc. due to the lack of any devices with p0 extension in /dev/dsk/directory.
The usage for fdisk is "fdisk /dev/rdsk/"device"p0 or whatever partition is
being modified to change the label.

Are there any concerns that I should be aware of on sparc? Any help or
supporting documentation would be great.

the proper way to do this on sparc is indeed format -e
and then to write an SMI label.

---
frankB