Re: What is hammering my memory?

Subject: Re: What is hammering my memory?
From: Dotan Cohen
Date: Fri, 2 Jul 2010 19:51:08 +0300
On 2 July 2010 19:41, Chan Chung Hang Christopher
<christopher.chan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Is it GTK apps? KDE apps calling GTK apps/dialogs? Switching desktop
> spaces or windows?

The only GTK app I've opened is Firefox, but the system is sluggish
from the minute I get a desktop. I can open a text editor (kate) and a
Konsole window, and Alt-Tabbing between them is sluggish. Typing in
either is sluggish as well.

> Those could be caused by dbus troubles or other stuff and they are hard
> to track down. Right now, I have a problem with sudo. It works not too
> long after start up but afterwards, it stops working. All I can say is,
> all these random problems are making me more and more inclined to run
> something else other than Ubuntu.

Well, to be fair I am talking about the 10.10 alpha2 (I did mention
that in the OP). I don't expect it to work! But I'd like to find the
bug so that I can report it and it can be fixed.

Dotan Cohen

ubuntu-users mailing list
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: