ubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com

Trying to Update Firefox 3.6.3 on 09.10

Subject: Trying to Update Firefox 3.6.3 on 09.10
From: Nathan Bahn
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2010 09:05:50 -0400
Hello everyone--

So I get a message saying that FF cannot update -- or words to that effect -- because it does not have the permissions required to access the root directory.  After doing some looking around, I conclude that I need to set up an administrative account.  I do so; however, I still get a message stating that FF doesn't have the necessary permissions even though I AM IN the new just-created administrative account.  So what's going on?  Why won't FF3.6.3 update from an administrative account in 09.10?

--N.B.
See http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/no-word-attachments.html & http://www.openoffice.org (Nathan Bahn)