ubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com

refresh my memory -- why firefox goes grey and inactive?

Subject: refresh my memory -- why firefox goes grey and inactive?
From: "Robert P. J. Day"
Date: Sat, 26 Jun 2010 05:45:40 -0400 EDT
  yes, yes, i know, we've had this dicsussion before but i just
installed ubuntu 10.04 on a new laptop and, over five minutes ago, my
two firefox sessions suddenly went grey and unresponsive and i know
there was a simple solution in terms of deselecting a setting but i
can't remember what it is, and it's still a bit aggravating that it
happens in the first place -- that is, that firefox is suddenly
waiting on some event for, literally, minutes.  weird.

rday

                        http://crashcourse.ca