ubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com

Re: printer sharing problem

Subject: Re: printer sharing problem
From: NoOp
Date: Sun, 18 Apr 2010 10:36:17 -0700
On 04/18/2010 06:01 AM, Gary Kirkpatrick wrote:
> I have a Dell notebook 10 connected to a Canon printer.  I have a HP
> laptop running 9.1/Vista.  I have enabled printer sharing under
> admin/printing/server.  I can not print from HP from ubuntu nor Vista
> (which half the time can not display the notebook's contents anyway).
>
> This arrangement has worked before- I have been able to print from the
> HP.  I can transfer files back and forth between the Ubuntu computers.
>
> There is a wireless router.

Assuming that all are on the same subnet, how have you configured your
printer settings? On Ubuntu: System|Administration|Printing|Printer|Shared
On the HP:
- Does the printer show up?
- How are you trying to connect? I recommend using ipp:
ipp://<target>.local:631/printers/<printername>
 or
ipp://<ipaddress>:631/printers/<printername>