ubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com

Looking For Info On Updating Firefox & Open Office

Subject: Looking For Info On Updating Firefox & Open Office
From: Nathan Bahn
Date: Sat, 27 Mar 2010 22:34:30 -0400
The latest version of Firefox is 3.6.2 and all Ubuntu has is 3.5; same thing with Open Office -- the latest version is 3.2 but Ubuntu only has 3.1.  Where can I find information on how to install (compile?) the latest programs into the Linux OS? (seeing as the Ubuntu variants don't have the ability to get updates)  And please don't tell me to download 10.04; I have absolutely NO INTENTION of downloading that version until May or June at the earliest!
See http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/no-word-attachments.html & http://www.openoffice.org (Nathan Bahn)