ubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com

Re: ubuntu-9.04-netbook-remix

Subject: Re: ubuntu-9.04-netbook-remix
From: darkfena313
Date: Thu, 01 Oct 2009 17:04:07 +0300
MICHAEL VIMMER wrote:
> Hi LINUX-Friends,
>
> I have a new notebook >Acer Aspire One< (i368), OS >LINPUS LINUX< but  with
> some Acer-own modifications and I am meanwhile realy desperate - I am not
> able to run or install anything new - even only to upgrade the old >Firefox<
> because when I try I get a set back from this OS.
>

> To say the least, I am quiet new with LINUX - but tired of decades with
> Windows I would like to use LINUX, particulary UBUNTU, at least on this small
> maschine. I already downloaded >ubuntu-9.04-netbook-remix-i386.img< and
> >FEDORA liveusb-creator-3.7.tar.bz2< but I am not able to install the
> liveusb-creator and in a dead-end, trying to ask the >source< if there is
> some simple solution.
>

> I am from Europe, Czech Rep. and presently traveling in Malaysia, short of my
> homely hardware/software resources.....but with limitless internet and >Boot
> on LAN< if this is also a point?! (I would already be very happy with, if you
> could resize the (only) partition so I could install my WINXP from the HD and
> use my and LINUX tools for WINDOWS to prepare the LiveUSBPendrive and get
> UBUNTU running.)

here is what i suggest you do. if you know how to use linpus to install
packages, install unetbootin http://lubi.sourceforge.net/unetbootin.html
. have a usb handy. download eeebuntu (i like it better than the netbook
remix) http://www.eeebuntu.org/. once you download the iso image, use
unetbootin to put the iso image onto the usb, then install eeebuntu and
enjoy. if you dont know how to install packages on the aspire one read
this
http://www.liliputing.com/2008/07/how-to-access-advanced-acer-aspire-one.html.