ubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com

Brasero won't copy a CD

Subject: Brasero won't copy a CD
From: Graham Watkins
Date: Thu, 15 Oct 2009 19:20:16 +0100
Evening all,

I just tried to copy a music CD using Brasero - something that has never
given me any trouble before.  However 2 attempts left me with something
containing only one track and was unplayable both in my hi-fi and my
computer.   I therefore decided to try another tack and tried to create
a new CD using tracks off of the original.  Brasero gave me the message
"Track 1.wav could not be handled by GStreamer. Make sure the
appropriate codec is installed"   Any idea what the appropriate codec
might be?  I have all the usual GStreamer stuff installed.

I'm running Ubuntu 9.04 and the Brasero version is 2.26.1.

I've converted the CD to MP3s and I'm going to try and burn those but I
don't consider this a permanent satisfactory solution.

cheers,

Graham